Dec 6, 2011

Books Received and Other Things

Still here. Still around. Trying to figure out some real world type stuff while not letting the day job implode. We can't all start our own publishing imprint... Although I wouldn't be opposed. In the mean time, here's what I've received recently...



That's right - yours truly has obtained a copy of The Drowned Cities and I didn't even have to defraud a teaching convention to do it. Although that's not to say I wouldn't if I had the chance.

In other news, I hope to have a review of Michael Sullivan's Theft of Swords up in the near future. I finished the book/books yesterday and I was impressed if not blown away. The first book feels a little "self-published" (if that's a thing) at first but Sullivan eventually finds a rhythm and puts together two solid fantasy outings. There are a few pacing problems which lead me to question the omnibus format but I was pleasantly reminded of my childhood experience of reading The Belgariad.

In any event, Rise of Empire has jumped up the reading list. But should I read that or Seed? Or Throne of the Crescent Moon? Or The Drowned Cities? Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading "Alien Contact". The stories ranged from funny to insightful to downright disturbing. Definitely worth reading, in my opinion.

    I also got review copies of "Seed" and "The Folded World," though I haven't started reading either of them yet. Fingers crossed that they're as good as they sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fenrir looks nice.
    ~Cassandra
    Book & Movie Blogger
    Now blogs anime, comics, manga, and graphic novels.
    Book & Movie Dimension a Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...