Feb 14, 2010

Covering Covers: Uglies/Pretties/Specials


I saw these new covers for Scott Westerfeld's popular trilogy today and I must say I like the new look.


For comparison, here are the old covers.


The old covers aren't bad per se but they really give off a chick-lit vibe. Nothing is wrong with the covers themselves, I just don't know if they are really indicative of the story inside. When are they ever? I just happen to like the new covers more.

The new covers are more complex which in this case I support. The bright colors attract the eye and get you to examine the smaller pictures in greater detail. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the artist responsible for the new covers which is something I always try to hightlight. If you know who it is, please let me know in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a fan of the new ones over the old. I completely thought these were the next Twilight or something because of the old covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent covers this is exactly what I was looking for because I'm studying publicity design and it could be perfect for me in order to leave my professor with the mouth open.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...