Feb 7, 2011

RIP Brian Jacques

Over the weekend, the world got a little less wonderous with the passing of Brian Jacques, bestselling fantasy author mostly known for his tales of Redwall Abbey. Brian passed away from a heart attack at the age of 71.
Personally, Jacques's work had a huge impact on my childhood and I doubt I'm the only child who explored the woods intent on stumbling upon his world of imaginary talking rodents. Some of my fondest memories are lazy summer days spent in the company of noble mice, vile rats, cunning foxes, and epic badgers and his words were one of the things that drew me into genre fiction.

I expect to have some more thoughts later on Jacques and the impact of his work but right now my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Brian Jacques was an amazing writer whose words captured the imaginations of millions of children, he will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...