Aug 17, 2010

Books Received: Early August


Experimenting with a new format for the Books Received posts.

If you would like to see what books I obtained this week, click through to the main body of this post. Otherwise, do what you will.

 The Ragged Man
Tom Lloyd
Pyr
Up the Bright River
Philip Jose Farmer
Subterranean Press
The Sword of the Dawn
Michael Moorcock
Tor

The Osiris Ritual
George Mann
Tor

The Greyfriar
Clay & Susan Griffith
Pyr
The Strange Affair
of Spring-Heeled Jack
Mark Hodder
Pyr
The Questing Road
Lyn McConchie
Tor
Shades of Milk and Honey
Mary Robinette Kowal
Tor
Deadman's Road
Joe R. Lansdale
Subterranean Press
The Wolf Age
James Enge
Pyr
Shadowheart
James Barclay
Pyr
Elfsorrow
James Barclay
Pyr

4 comments:

  1. A dozen books.

    I read two:
    The Osiris Ritual by George Mann
    The The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack by Mark Hodder

    I orderd two in advance:
    The Ragged Man by Tom Lloyd
    The Greyfriar
    Clay & Susan Griffith


    From my point of view the new format is OK except one thing. I would appreciate to have a link to a sypnopsis/blurb as I prefer a click instead of copy and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get a lot more cool books than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ediFanoB - The problem is finding a balance between putting the information together and the amount of time spent on the post. I only have an hour or so a day to spend on blogging related stuff and I feel like mentioning the books isn't the best use of that time. At the same time, I can't read all the books I receive and I owe publishers at least something for sending me a free copy.

    @Aidan - Nyah Nyah Nyah. Just kidding ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Patrick,
    I understand you very well. But to have a link instead of copy and paste is just a lazy habit.

    In the end your post fulfill its purpose.

    I buy most of my books on my own and I can admit you that is impossible for me to read all the books in the same month when I bought them. My TBR pile is constantly growing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...