Apr 4, 2012

Covering Covers: An Early Look at Orbit Fall/Winter Titles


It's a coverpalooza!!! Over at the Orbit Books Blog, creative mastermind Lauren Panepinto provided an early look at 20 new Orbit covers from their Fall 2012 / Winter 2013 line-up. No sighting on the Joe Abercrombie Red Country cover just yet but there are some gems in the line-up, particulary Robert Jackson Bennett's American Elsewhere and Jesse Bullington's The Folly of the World. I'm also a huge fan of the Cobley and Sapkowski import covers which manage to stand out while hitting all of the core demographic triggers (swords, castles, and dragons for fantasy / spaceships, planets, and stars for SF). Here are a few of my favorites, hop on over to the Orbit site for the full haul. 

 


American Elsewhere design by Kirk Benshoff

 
  

 Michael Cobley illustrations by Steve Stone, design by Kirk Benshoff.



 Sapkowski illustrations by CD Projekt Red & Massive Black, design by Lauren Panepinto

 

 
The Red Knight illustration by Epica Prima, design by Lauren Panepinto

 

 Folly of the World design by Lauren Panepinto


Seven Kings illustration by Richard Anderson, design by Lauren Panepinto.

I think my favorite is either American Elsewhere or The Time of Contempt. I like Folly of the World a lot too but it reminds me a bit too much of Corwin Ericson's Swell for some reason.

What's your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I like the covers for Andrzej Sapkowski's novels, but I find myself liking the Gollancz covers a bit more, for their simple efficiency. Also for the same efficiency my favourite here is the cover for Jesse Bullington's book :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...